No matter what vehicle you drive, we can look after it for you. We stay up to date with technology across all vehicle manufacturer brands.
Engine light on? Squeaky brakes? Air-conditioning not working? These are all problems that Caliber Automotive Ltd
is happy to take care of for you.
Whether your vehicle is due for a check up or
needs repair, Caliber will get you back on the road fast. While specializing in Honda and Acura repairs and diagnostics Caliber has realized the need to perform repairs and maintenance on other
brands that our clients may own. Caliber Automotive has invested deeply into the tools, training, and equipment to do just that.
Whatever your vehicle needs are, Caliber Automotive will handle them with confidence and accuracy.
Onboard computer programming and networking.
We have all experienced a computer at some point in time needing an update but, have you ever had your auto shop call you to tell you the computer on your vehicle requires an update? An
interesting observation is that not that long ago vehicles were made with one or two computers onboard. Today there are up to 40 computers on even the most average of vehicles. It takes a very
specific technician to deal with these systems. Most systems after a repair require networking and programming so they function as designed. While it is not an everyday affair that we are programming
and networking computers it has become more often, about every other day we are performing these services.
Below are the most common service items that we see on a regular basis;
- Oil Changes. Most drivers know their vehicle’s oil needs to be changed regularly. Oil changes are relatively simple and straightforward. Usually in and out of the shop in less
than one hour.
- Oil Leaks. Dark, oily patches on your driveway? Those are usually signs of an oil system leak. While typically not critical, if left too long, such leaks can deplete a vehicle’s
oil supply and also permanently stain the concrete on which the fluid falls.
- Brake Repairs. Most cars will need a new set of brake pads around 70,000km and possibly sooner if the drivers do a lot of stop-and-go driving. While installing new brake pads is
a fairly simple. Brake repairs are critical to driver safety and should be addressed as soon as obvious problems arise.
- Tire Repairs and Replacements. Like brake pads, tires need to be replaced when worn. Repairs or replacements are also necessary when tires are damaged/punctured by nails or other
road debris. Regular tire rotation can minimize wear and help drivers get the most from the tires they purchase.
- Battery Replacements. Most car batteries are designed to last only four to six years, after which they need to be replaced. For many drivers, the frustrating part is that, unlike
bad brakes that squeak and squeal when nearing failure, auto batteries tend to just quit without warning, leaving their vehicles stuck wherever the event happens to take place. It is advised to have
batteries tested twice a year to prevent untimely breakdowns.
- Ignition System Repairs. Most of the time, when a car won’t start, the problem is the battery (see above). But sometimes the problem goes deeper — all the way to the ignition
system itself. When this is the case, diagnosis and repairs or replacements require a higher degree of expertise. This is even truer today than in years past as virtually all vehicles now have
computer controlled electronic ignition systems.
- Coolant System Flushes. Coolant/antifreeze solutions weaken over time. They need to be flushed from radiators and replaced with fresh fluid every few years.
- Air Conditioning Recharges. Although an air conditioning system should be completely sealed, sometimes leaks will form from vibrations that occur during normal driving. This
can be a complex process and you need to be certified to work on air conditioning systems.
- Fuel System Repairs. This type of repair is becoming more common place with newer fuel systems utilizing "direct injection". More frequent service is required. Beyond
the service of the fuel injection system, fuel pump failure is still a very common repair.
- Transmission Repairs/Replacements. Today's transmissions are not like they used to be, they are built with up to 10 speeds and are entirely controlled by onboard
computers. Transmission repairs take expertise and specialized equipment. And, yes, they’re expensive.
Whatever your vehicle needs are, I can assure you that the team at Caliber Automotive can handle no problem, with confidence and accuracy.